Sunday, April 25, 2010

Why April is slow, and my life is better for it.

It's been a slow month. I've played a couple of games, but I haven't gotten much painted. I've completed exactly five hydroplanes and nothing else. Started on some Spanish Civil War vehicles, but I don't know if I'll finish them by the 30th. I actually polished off a few Pz Is, but the trucks and command vehicle are up in the air.

I don't really feel badly about all this. It's been a month. The long awaited JagWire trial is over. I spent six hours on the witness stand, and many more hours in trial prep. I also spent tons of stressed out evenings. What makes my life better is that the trial is over, the verdict is in, and found the paper, myself and the district were not guilty of invasion of privacy and negligence. It is a relief, and I am so much better for it.

I even bought figures this month. They haven't arrive yet, but I ordered 88 SCW figures from Brookhurst. I did follow through on my promise not to order figures until I was ready. I was out of figures, and I ordered enough to paint up two more battalions of Carlists, and two more battalions of regular infantry. They both formed the mainstays of their army, and my troop mix was pretty deficient. I'll wrap them up by the end of June, and then be ready for more. I've set out my perfect counter mix for SCW and then the project will be done.

1 comment:

DeanM said...

Kevin:

I heard about the trial on the radio driving to work a week or so ago. I'm glad it turned out the way it did. What a relief, I'm sure. Now get back to painting figures! Dean