Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Planes: Part 1: Fleet Arm-Operation Goodwood

Scotia Firefly 1's

Grumman Hellcats in FAA colors.  Seems weird doesn't it.

Scotia Corsairs flying cover for the bombers

Scotia Wildcats masquerading as FAA Martlet IV's
After my long spiel on searching for new aircraft rules it was only right to share some of my own minis.  As I mentioned in my previous post, painted up quite a few figures for the operation against the German battleship Tirpitz at Altafjord in Norway.  The Royal Navy launched a series of furious air attacks against this menace called Goodwood 1-IV.

2 comments:

Dave S. said...

Didn't we get these into a game attacking a German convoy off Norway?

I think the Germans had FW-190s and Me-109s up against Corsairs and Fireflys.

Kevin said...

Indeed we did. We ran it at Enfilade the year we were at the Marriott. Seems like a lifetime ago.