Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Headed to points south

Thursday is the day I take some of my journalism kids down to the National Student Press Association convention in Anaheim.  It will be nice to get some sun-supposed to be in the 80's.  It will be a nice change given that my classroom is still freezing and I'm wearing sweaters to school most days.  Seems silly for April.  Of course we had snow here last week so what do I know.

 So I'll be away until Sunday.  The good news is that I did finally finish the last full unit I need for Hobkirk's Hill.  They still need to be based, which won't happen until next week.  I still have guns, gunners, limbers and a few other goodies to finish, but nothing major.  Seemed like the King's Provincial Regiment has been on my painting table since the first of the year.  Probably because they have.

Off to Anaheim.  You know what that means . . . a trip to the Happiest Place on Earth.  I know you were thinking Brookhurst Hobbies, which is pretty close, but I am without wheels and I don't know any students who would like to go with me.

No comments: