Sunday, June 12, 2011

The First Jacobite Wars

I'm finally going to wrap up my Jacobite War project.  It's about time.  Just to be clear, I've had these figures since Bill Clinton was in office.  Maybe longer.  I bought a big chunk of the them in the early Enfilades from Kelly Jones and Vauban Enterprises.  Sigh. I miss Kelly.

They are Hallmark figures, true 15mm miniatures from their League of Augsburg range.  I'm basing them for King's War by Bruce Bretthauer.  I've never really encountered a set of rules that really works well for the period, but so be it.  I'll need to play these a bit to determine how I can best tweak them for this particular period.
Hallmark's 15mm Jacobites are made for the 1688 rising.  Absolutely beautiful, proportional and well-detailed

My highlanders are mostly painted and mostly mounted.  They had a box disaster when one of Casey's cats knocked the box they were in off the dining room table.  But they survived without major incident.  I have enough figures painted for seven 18 figure units.  Some still need mounting and I'm short a couple of standard bearers.  I'd ordered a pack of command figures some time ago to resolve this problem, and it was supposed to include three standard bearers.  It came with none.  I do, however, have some extra pipers and clan chiefs, however.  Needless to say, I'm not thrilled.  I'll have to create a couple of standard bearers; it won't be the end of the world.  These are little gems, definitely the best 15's I've ever painted.
Another clan.  They look fierce, sort of.

Viscount Dundee and his handful of mounted retainers.

I have a long ways to go with the English.  I had a big clot of troops painted for them, but they need remounting.  I have enough troops.  When they are all finished I should be able to field six or seven units of infantry plus cavalry and artillery.  I also have a bunch of wagons and baggage from Hallmark's wonderful range of accoutrements. I'm hoping to progress fairly quickly through them and host a game in our Truants series this summer.

2 comments:

DeanM said...

Holy Cow! Tartans on 15mm! Impressive; Great work. Maybe we'll see these for a Truants' game? Regards, Dean

The Angry Lurker said...

As Dean said very impressive, good work sir.