Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Figures for Role Playing


I know, this is a little off topic, but I like to role play with old friends.  I've run in games hosted by Dave Demick for the better part of thirty years, and now a couple of equally old buddies, Tim Barela and Bill Nelson and son Casey and I have joined in the fun.  Every five years, whether I'm ready or not, I run a campaign and this time it's loosely based on Joss Wheedon's Firefly universe.  I'm looking for some figures for player characters and a few NPC's.  Not looking for anything particularly Starship Trooperish, but more near future with pretty standard weapons.  I know the Sgt. Major has not-Firefly figures, but they are personalities and I need something a little less identifiable.  Thinking of some of the Adventurers from Hasslefree but they are ungodly expensive.  Thankfully I only need six or so.

If you, my brilliant readers, have any suggestions, I'd love to hear them.

Hope you all have a fabulous holiday and Santa brings you happiness and time with family, and perhaps a nice goody under the tree.

 Next week is Dave's Annual Naval Game so expect a report as well as a year in review together with my plans for 2011.

3 comments:

Dave S. said...

You might want to look at the Black Scorpion Tombstone line (http://www.blackscorpionminiatures.com/index.php?cPath=28)

They don't have assault rifles, but there a lots of long coats, pistols, and shotguns. The female figures would probably fit better in a "Firefly" setting than the real Old West.

I was going to suggest the Victory Force Spacefarers too, but they are more in the Star Trek line. Although the Utility Crew packs are just in overalls and may work.

CuorDiLeone said...

You could take a look at Heresy: http://www.heresyminiatures.com/scifi.htm

David Sullivan said...

Copplestone's Future Wars figures may be suitable. I have several of the military types that I will one day use for Stargrunt and they're very nice. There are characters and non-military types in the range too.