Sunday, February 27, 2011

Yes, There's Magic in the Air

It's February 27th and there is snow on the ground outside my little house.  It's been a week of winter.  Though I've managed to get some figures painted while avoiding burst pipes sliding on the ice, the late for Puget Sound snow has been weird.  But today, February 27th marks the beginning of my favorite time of year--baseball season.  The M's play the Padres, who share their training facilities in the Peoria, AZ, in their annual charity game before opening the Cactus League season in the coming week.  Better still, it's on the radio.  So, my big plans to spend the morning at work correcting assignments will take a bit of hit, as I only work a couple of hours instead of three. Ball game is on at noon, and I'll be painting a Hasslefree figure as well as my languishing unit of British loyalists while listening to Rick Rizzs and the boys.

Ahhhhh, I love baseball.

2 comments:

Eli Arndt said...

Ahhhhh, the simple things. Aren't they great?

I have to agree that our snow this year has been strangely clingly. I really hope winter in WA doesn't turn into an annoying, lingering, nagging thing.

Wait, that would make winter my mother-in-law! no, we definitely can't have that.

-Eli

Anonymous said...

I've just got ESPN on the TV so can watch the Mariners play again.
Might actually catch a winning game. One can only hope. : )