Thursday, June 12, 2008

Fighting the Funk

Been in a bit of a funk this week. I'm still recovering from a touch of the bug Saturday night, which has left me tired and feeling cranky. I am still picking at the Anglo Danes, though they are getting close, and have made zero progress on Slo-mo-shun IV. The latter is tricky because the paint I've used for the cowl and tale is just not going to cover the mahogany deck coloring, so it will likely take twenty-six coats. More margin for error.

David Sullivan called the other night to let me know he's received his basing material for Medieval Warfare. That's generated a little more interest for me in that project, so I may just take that one on for the time being. I got my Litko bases last week, so I am able to put together a bunch of stands too. I do need to finish the DBA army, Slo-mo, and my Austrian hussars for Mexico, but then I think I can work on the HYW stuff for real. I've got a dozen longbowmen ready to paint, but think I'll focus on the French around Poitiers.

One contributing factor for the funk is no games. I'm up to my eyeballs in family and social obligations this month. I've got stuff going on every Saturday. That doesn't include Dave Demick's 60th birthday, and I can't miss that. At least school is out in a few days. Maybe I can squeeze in a couple of weekday games.

No comments: